DONA CHAI CHERRY JAM - 4OZ
Upstate Stock was born out of the simple fact that American manufacturing of the highest quality is still out there, the same manufacturing from decades ago that is both at a standard that very few countries can match, but also affordable. Over the last few decades, there has been a stark decrease in all areas of American manufacturing; factories and mills that were once thriving are now disappearing. Why were the factories that once made our jeans, shirts, and accessories for decades and upon decades going out of business? Why was there more “made in America” clothing over the last few years and fewer and fewer of the factories that were once the backbone of a country that was the benchmark in clothing manufacturing? The standard of American manufacturing had decreased significantly. Are there still factories out there in the US that can make goods to the standard American manufacturing was known for? The answer is a resounding yes…lots of them…still plugging away after decades and decades, and they are affordable.
Tart sweet local sour cherries and *Dona Chai, small batch chai tea - need we say more?
Ingredients: Sour Cherries, Sugar, Dona Chai (sugar, ginger, spices, black tea, molasses), lemon juice, natural pectin, sea salt
2 1/4 C All purpose flour
8 tbs unsalted butter
6 tbs vegetable shortening
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp sugar
6-8tbs ice cold water
1 beaten egg
1 jar Cherry Chai jam
- Sift together the flour, sugar and salt
- Cut in the butter and shortening with your hands until pea size crumble
- Pour in water, mix with wooden spoon. add more water if needed but you don't want it to be too wet
- Form dough into two balls, cover in plastic and chill in frig for at least 30 -45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F, line baking sheet with parchment
- After refrigerating the pie dough roll out to a 1/8" thick rectangle, cut the odd edges off as needed
- Evenly cut out 10" - 12" squares from the rolled out dough
- Place 1tbs of jam on the centers of half of the squares
- Brush the edges of the squares with the beaten egg, place a dough square on top and pinch with fork tongs to seal.
- Place the filled pastries on the prepared sheet and brush with egg wash
- Bake for 16-19 minutes until golden