SEASONED SORREL JAM - 4OZ
Upstate Stock was born out of simple fact that American manufacturing of the highest quality is still out there, the same manufacturing from decades ago that is both at a standard that very few countries can match, but also affordable. Over the last few decades there has been a stark decrease in all areas of American manufacturing; factories and mills that were once thriving are now disappearing. Why were the factories that once made our jeans, shirts, and accessories for decades and upon decades going out of business? Why was there more “made in America” clothing over the last few years and fewer and fewer of the factories that were once the backbone of a country that was the benchmark in clothing manufacturing? The standard of American manufacturing had decreased significantly. Are there still factories out there in the US that can make goods to the standard American manufacturing was known for? The answer is a resounding yes…lots of them…still plugging away after decades and decades, and they are affordable.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
All knits are returnable up to 15 days after purchase for a full refund minus the original shipping, and customer is responsible for return shipping. No 3rd party products bought online, or our candles and apothecary, are returnable. For products bought in store, we only off exchange or store credit, no refunds.
The labels coming off a knit do not qualify as a defect, as they are just tacked on and are meant to come off after a certain amount of time, or to just be cutoff after purchase.
The Team at Upstate Stock
People can't believe it's not blackberries - but believe it, is a flower! Sorrel flower buds, a species within the hibiscus family that boast a plethora of health benefits including vitamin C, are steep for hours with warming cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf. This extended process infuses the tart, bright sorrel flavor with a balanced weight of deep, warm undertones. The mixture is puréed and quick cooked with a hint of sweetness to lend a taste that is both unexpected and familiar at the same time. Amazing swirled into pound cake batter or mixed into your morning oatmeal. This jam doubles as a great savory accompaniment- our favorite is alongside seared lamb! Ingredients: Sorrel flower, sugar, cinnamon, bay leaf, natural pectin, lemon juice, black pepper, clove, sea salt
Seasoned Sorrel Rolls w/ Maple Glaze
2c Whole Milk
1/2c Vegetable Oil
1 packages Active Dry Yeast,
4 cups (Plus 1/2c Extra, Reserved) All-purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 jar (4oz) Seasoned Sorrel Jam
1/2 cup Melted Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 c unsalted butter
1/2 c pure maple syrup
1 c sifted confectioners' sugar
Make the Dough:
- Heat the milk, vegetable oil, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat to just below a boil. Set aside and cool to warm (110F is ideal) Sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit on the milk for a minute. You should see it start to foam.
- Add 4 cups of the flour. Stir until just combined, then cover with a clean kitchen towel, and set aside in a relatively warm place for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the towel and add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the remaining 1/2 cup flour. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Make the glaze:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and maple syrup together, whisking occasionally. Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and whisk in the sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Add more maple syrup as needed to make the mixture easy to drizzle.
- Roll out dough into a long rectangle, approxiamtely 11"x17"
- Spread Seasoned Sorrel jam over the top.
- Add butter, evenly & sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Sprinkle with salt.
- Beginning at the long side farthest from you, roll the dough in a long roll toward you; begin careful to keep it tucked tightly. Pinch edge to seal.
- Cut rolls into 1 to 1 1/2 inch rolls and place into buttered pans. Allow to rise for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown (but not overly brown).
- Once out of the oven - allow to cool 5 minutes then drizzle maple glaze over top.